Monday, September 8, 2008

Why I love cheese . . .


Hello, and welcome to The Cheeselover. Especially to those who've been following my adventures on The Frugal Cook.

Now it's time to move onto a new project and happily my other regular publisher, Ryland, Peters & Small has given me the chance to write a book on one of the foods I love best. Cheese, heavenly cheese . . .

Those of you who are fellow fans will need no convincing that this is the perfect subject for a blog but just in case I'm preaching to the unconverted let me tell you the five reasons why I think cheese is possibly the greatest food on earth:

* It's the ultimate no-junk, fast food.

* It has the most incredible range of flavours and textures. There's a cheese for every time of day, every season, every mood . . .

* It lends itself to an amazing variety of recipes

* It's pure comfort food. Especially when it's melted. (Better than chocolate IMHO)

* Some fabulous people make it.

Over the next few months I'm going to be writing about the cheeses I'm tasting, cooking with and pairing with a whole range of delicious drinks (not just wine). Come along for the ride . . .

2 comments:

Helen said...

Wow. I am looking forward to this one Fiona, even though I am largely diary free these days. I shall be licking my screen however and taking part some of the time.

Fiona Beckett said...

Is it all dairy or simply cheeses made with cow's milk? Shall obviously be touching on sheeps and goats' cheeses.